- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I use organic, free range, low sodium)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add chicken and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly brown on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and saute the mushrooms. Add wine and bring to boil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken broth, half-and-half, mustard and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes - the sauce will thicken nicely.
Place chicken back in pan and continue to simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
When plating, pour extra sauce over the chicken
I double-dog dare you not to have seconds. It's that good!
296 calories, 16g total fat, 127mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 60mg potassium, 3g total carbs, 34g protein