A healthy salad great for Thanksgiving!
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 6 cups baby, organic spinach - cleaned thoroughly
- 1/4 cup white sugar [can substitute honey, maple syrup, stevia]
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Toast pecans lightly in oven. Set aside to cool
- Combine sugar, vinegars and olive oil. Add paprika. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine spinach, onion, pecans, cranberries
- Serve . Have dressing on the side so each guest can add as much as they like
Optional additions: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds, toasted sliced almonds, pecans, different lettuce types... you get the idea.
NUTRITION: 8 SERVINGS
226 calories, 22g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 98mg potassium, 9g carbs, 2g protein