- 5 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes [juiced]
- 1 teaspoon white sugar [can substitute honey, maple syrup, stevia]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 minced gloves of garlic
- 1 pound shelled edamame (green soybeans) - frozen
- 1-1/2 cups corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 - 15 oz low-sodium black beans, rinsed well and drained
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the soybeans and boil for 3 minutes. Add corn to the boiling water and continue cooking for 1 more minute. Drain very well, and pour into the bowl with the dressing. Add cherry tomatoes, green onions and black beans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving to chill.
NUTRITION: 8 SERVINGS
146 calories, 6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 171mg potassium, 17g carbs, 6g protein
Note: This salad has a lot of sodium, a whopping 2124mg. Look for ways to cut sodium where you can or eat a smaller portion.