This is my absolute, hands-down, all-time favorite salad. It's adaptable to whatever you have handy, it's simple and it's fast. Plus, strawberries. [yum!]
- 1/4 cup white sugar [can sub honey, maple syrup, stevia]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Whisk ingredients together. Cover and chill. [Note: I keep the left over dressing in my fridge for when I go on salad binges]
- In a bowl, combine 6 cups thoroughly cleaned baby organic spinach and 3 tablespoons chopped onion [personally, I like a lot of sweet onion in my salad but adjust to your taste]. Add 1/2 cup cleaned, hulled, sliced fresh strawberries. Mix. Pour cooled dressing over salad [to taste]. Eat and come back for more.
Optional additions: sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds, toasted sliced almonds, pecans, different lettuce types... you get the idea.
NUTRITION: 8 SERVINGS
113 calories, total fat 7g, 0mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 235 mg potassium, 6g carbs, 1g protein