12/30/17: I made this again and for some reason it was really blah. I would recommend adding some garlic powder, perhaps ground red pepper or flakes and other seasonings to give it more flavor and zip.
Coming from Minnesota, I had to add a hotdish!
- 1 cup rice (I use Minute Multi Grain Medley because it's got the lowest carb count I've found thus far)
- 8 oz sliced portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb lean ground beef (93/7 lean)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup - low sodium
- 36 oz chicken broth (I use organic, free range, low sodium)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F
- Brown beef. Drain. Set aside
- Saute mushrooms, celery and onion
- Combine beef, mushrooms, celery and onion in large bowl. Add rice, cream of mushroom, chicken broth and spices.
- Pour into casserole dish and bake for 1-1/2 hours
NUTRITION: SERVES 6-8
210 calories, 9.9g total fat, 53.5mg cholesterol, 662.3mg sodium, 216.4mg potassium, 11.6g total carbs, 18.3g protein