I have to be honest, there is nothing healthy about this recipe. It's full of fat, lots of sugar, and calories. However, these are the best tasting peanut butter cookies I've ever had in my entire life. Period. End of story.
Every once in a while, you need to splurge, right?
- 1 cup unsalted Land O'Lakes butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Jiff creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Also need: Small bowl with white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar
- Add one egg at a time, add vanilla
- Add baking powder, salt, soda. Add one cup flour and lightly blend. Add another cup of flour, blend lightly again. Add the remaining 1/2 cup
- Put a piece of parchment paper on your cookie sheets. Using a cookie scoop, add to sugar bowl and roll around until coated. Place on sheet
- Using a fork, make a criss-cross pattern
- Bake for 5 minutes. Open oven and turn the sheet around. Bake for another 3 minutes*
* Note that they will look barely baked at this point. Let them sit on the pan and finish baking, another 2-3 minutes. Move to wire baking rack.
See option for Grandma's Peanut Butter Stars Cookies.
NUTRITION: BASED ON 48 COOKIES
137 calories per cookie. (told you they were naughty), 8g total fat, 19mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 0mg potassium, 15g carbs, 3g protein