The recipe is the same as my peanut butter cookies with the delightful addition of Brach's chocolate stars**. Honestly, I can't decide which I like better!
- 1 cup unsalted Land O'Lakes butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cup Jiff creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Brachs chocolate stars**
Also need: Small bowl with white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- Cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar
- Add one egg at a time, add vanilla
- Add baking powder, salt, soda. Add one cup flour and lightly blend. Add another cup of flour, blend lightly again. Add the remaining 1/2 cup
- Put a piece of parchment paper on your cookie sheets. Using a cookie scoop, add to sugar bowl and roll around until coated. Place on sheet
- Place a chocolate star in the center of each cookie and press down lightly
- Bake for 5 minutes. Open oven and turn the sheet around. Bake for another 3 minutes*
* Note that they will look barely baked at this point. Let them sit on the pan and finish baking, another 2-3 minutes. Move to wire baking rack.
** Don't replace these with Hershey's kisses!! The tips of the kisses burn and the chocolate doesn't fully melt. They are a weak substitute for stars and frankly, I'd do without before I used kisses.
DO let these cool completely before stacking in a container or the chocolate will smear.
NUTRITION: BASED ON 48 COOKIES
156 calories per cookie, 8g total fat, 19mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 0mg potassium, 17g carbs, 3g protein