I'm not a pork fan. Most of what I've had has been dry to the point where you can only swallow it if you have a mouthful of milk and even then it's difficult. However, I found that I can eat pork chops if I use Shake & Bake.
Then I found a recipe for homemade which you can adapt. Naturally, I Laura-fyed it.
- 4 cups dry bread crumbs*
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground basil
- 1 teaspoon ground parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Pour into a jar
- When you're making pork chops, pour some of the ingredients into a baggie
- Get the pork wet with water and put into the baggie. Shake
- Put into pan
- Cook at 400 degrees for approximately 20 minutes but use a meat thermometer to make sure they've reached the appropriate temperature (145-160 degrees F)
* Note on bread crumbs. To cut carbs, find crumbs that are lowest in carbs. I do well with Publix Panko bread crumbs and the nutrition information is based on that. Note that there are gluten-free panko bread crumbs as well which I've used and taste great.
NUTRITION: Based on Publix Panko Bread Crumbs (not including pork)
66 calories, 3g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 487mg sodium, 16mg potassium, 8g carbs, 1g protein